22.6.05

The Best Man is Back!


This is me with my good friend Lee Callaghan. He was my Best Man at our wedding back in 1999. Almost immediately afterwards he drifted away from God, and we lost touch. He went through a very rough patch and over the last 6 years, although we live in the same town we have hardly spoken.

The good news is a week ago he phoned me up to say he is back on track. He has given up smoking, and drinking, his emotional highs-and-lows are under control, and best of all he is full of the Holy Spirit and zeal for the Lord, and attending Church regularly.

I spent the evening with him yesterday, and really enjoyed myself. He is such a refreshing man to be with. There is not a pretentious bone in his body - what you see is what you get. He is open and honest and says what he feels. When he is full of God it is totally infectious!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's encouraging and amazing. Great to know that Lee is back on track. I was actually thinking about him just a few hours ago, wondering what became of him. Please give him greetings from me.

Marcos said...

That is great! When things look discouraging,God moves in and again,proves that nothing is impossible for Him.

-Marcos
Chicago IL. (USA)

Anonymous said...

Chris - please pass on our love to Lee. We have been praying for him for a long time. Fantastic news!!
It is so true that God will never leave us or forsake us.
Chris & Cathie Higgins

james said...

Lee is a great guy, although a crazy driver. He took me home to my parents house the year he was on Covenant College - so I can't have been more than 13 - with Sash's Encore Un Fois pumping through the stereo. Roundabouts were no match for Lee.

Chris Hamer-Hodges said...

I forgot to say - he drives to the speed limits now, and listens to Classic FM... how's that for a miracle!