10.6.05

Numbers 11 - Part 3

Time for my third and final (for now) post on Numbers 11.

The Unlimited Provision of God


But Moses said, "Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, `I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!' Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?" The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."


I know that God is my provider. I know that his provision is unlimited. Yet when I am in need, I still try and work out how God will provide for me (As if he needed my suggestions!) We do it though, don't we? (Or is it just me?) When I am in a financial need, I try and think of the ways that God could provide the money for me - "Someone could drop a cheque through the post", "I could get an unexpected tax rebate" etc. What I love about this part of Numbers 11, is that God can provide for us, even when we don't have the faintest idea how he could possibly do it! To Moses it seemed like an impossibility. He went though a list of options in his head on how God might provide, but still he couldn't see a way out. There was no way God could provide meat for more than half a million hungry mouths in the middle of the desert when there wasn't so much as a skinny cow in sight.... But God did provide!

When you are in a position of need or difficulty, and there doesn't seem to be any way out. Just remember - God can make a way where there is no way. Nothing is too difficult for him. You don't even have to be able to imagine how he will do it, just ask and trust. He can do more than all we can ask or imagine.

< Part 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Have been reading your comments on other people's blog and thought I'd check out yours.

Keri once said to me (as he has to many I guess), "Never pray for money always pray for provision. When you just pray for God to provide money then you limit Him to one avenue of blessing. But praying for 'Provision' doesn't limit God".

I liked that and have always lived by it and well I never cease to be amazed at the original ways that God has provided for me and my family.

Peace Out
Joe...

Chris Hamer-Hodges said...

Thank's Joe. Spot on!

We should always pray for specific needs, but never limit God to specific answers.