8.3.06

Open the eyes of my heart Lord

Open the eyes of my heart Lord,
Open the eyes of my heart,
I want to see you,
I want to see you.

To see you high and lifted up,
Shining in the light of your glory,
Pour our your power and love,
As we sing holy, holy, holy.

Paul Baloche, © 1997 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music



Today's reading from Ephesians every month, gets me excited! Talking about the glorified Christ always does. He is high and lifted up. He has a name above every name, and authority above every authority. He is seated at the right hand of the Father in glory. All things are under his feet. He is the head of the church. He is the one who is filling the whole earth with his fulness through the church which he is transforming to represent his fullness in glory! How awesome, how wonderful, is the risen Lord. To catch just a glimpse of his glory at the Father's side floods my heart with worship and praise and adoration, and yet leaves me longing to see more!

My prayer, like Paul's is that the eyes of my heart may be opened, that I may receive more of the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, that I may see him more clearly and know him more intimately, and that my heart having been flooded with the light of his presence may respond in joyful worship again that takes me still deeper into the presence of our glorious risen and exalted Lord: Jesus.

This is the vision that Daniel, my great hero in the Old Testament, saw:

In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. (Da 7:13-14)

It is also the vision that gave Stephen, the first martyr of the church, his great courage in the face of death:

But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” (Ac 7:55-56)

It is this vision, I believe, more than anything else, that will transform us and inspire us. It will stir us to grasp the magnitude of our calling in Christ, and the incredible power that is available in him who has all authority, and that all things are for him and for his glory. The riches of HIS glorious inheritance in the saints. We belong to him, for his glory. Wow! What other response is there but worship!



2 comments:

Anna Sacha said...

Another thing that challenged me was that Paul prayed constantly for them. What mighty and wondrous works I will see if i am diligent to pray constantly for my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!! Praise God for his goodness to us in that he doesnt condemn us but teaches us to grow!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Indeed Chris. I just love the picture Daniel portrays which is reinforced by Stephen's... and men of every language worshiped him... the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God. It is awe inspiring, yet so reassuring. Thank you Jesus.