15.3.06

Ephesians 3:7-13

By God's special favor and mighty power, I have been given the wonderful privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. Just think! Though I did nothing to deserve it, and though I am the least deserving Christian there is, I was chosen for this special joy of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. I was chosen to explain to everyone this plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning. God's purpose was to show his wisdom in all its rich variety to all the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms. They will see this when Jews and Gentiles are joined together in his church. This was his plan from all eternity, and it has now been carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome. So please don't despair because of what they are doing to me here. It is for you that I am suffering, so you should feel honored and encouraged. [NLT]


This post is part of Ephesians Every Month. If you have any revelation or insight to share on today's passage please add it as a comment. If you have your own blog, and want to write a long or detailed post, then please add this on your own blog with a link back to this post, then add a trackback. If you cannot (or don't know how to) add a trackback, send me an off the record message, and I will do it for you.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I am very excited that verse 10 says (especially in the NLT) that God's wisdom is seen when Jew and Gentile are brought together in the church.

Howard Snyder makes a great point about this in 'Community of the King' which is one of the best books I have read this year!

God's "manifold wisdom" is now made known through Christ's reconciling love which brings Jew and Gentile together as brothers in the community of God's people, the Church. But Jew and Gentile only? Was the miracle of the gospel exhausted in the first century AD? Certainly not! - Snyder

I am excited by the Church being the very focal point of Christ's reconciling love, a people who love to be together regardless of what would be in any other case irreconcilable differences!