14.3.06

Ephesians 3:1-6

For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles-- assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. [ESV]


This post is part of Ephesians Every Month. If you have any revelation or insight to share on today's passage please add it as a comment. If you have your own blog, and want to write a long or detailed post, then please add this on your own blog with a link back to this post, then add a trackback. If you cannot (or don't know how to) add a trackback, send me an off the record message, and I will do it for you.

1 comment:

Chris Hamer-Hodges said...

When I read this, I am reminded of the typology of Joseph and Daniel.

Both Joseph and Daniel are OT types of Christ because they left the high position they enjoyed and entered the king's service in humble circumstances. Yet were ultimately raised to the king's right hand in honour.

They both also saved many who would otherwise would have died, and they did this by revealing a mystery.

In this way they prefigure Christ who reveals the greatest mystery of all: the gospel. It is because this mystery has been revealed, that we who otherwise would have perished in sins, can be saved. Thank you, Jesus!