29.7.05

Hello Again!

I'm back from the Bible Week. It was a great time. The only disappointment was the weather - it rained... a lot! But even the worst of the British weather couldn't dampen the spirits of God's people.

There is so much I could say about the week it is hard to know where to begin. So here is a quick top 10 of my highlights from the week.
  1. Worshipping the Lord with hundreds of God's people gathered together (a taste of heaven here on earth).

  2. Rising to the challenge of growing in the purposes of God for my life.

  3. Seeing the lives of friends touched and transformed by the power of God.

  4. The report on how our giving last year has led to thousands of lives being touched, and thousands coming to know Jesus as Lord - all over the world.

  5. The opportunity to give generously to see even more happen this year.

  6. The privilege (and challenge) of serving the children in Globetrotters group 2... especially Sand-pit duty! ;-)

  7. My son saying he wanted to sing "Ba ba black-sheep" to Jesus.

  8. The view of the deer from the window of our warm and dry static caravan, 12 minutes drive off site

  9. Andrew Hughs throwing dried pasta shells over the crowd, pretending they were live cockroaches. As he said - we will never forget that illustration!

  10. Catching up with old friends from around the country


Needless to say, all the teaching was fantastic and inspiring. I have come back with a set of CDs of those messages that particularly stirred me, and those I missed through serving the children.

I'm glad to be back now. Not because I'm glad it's over. But now is the beginning of working out all that God has worked into me over the last week. I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

Joacim said...

Sounds good!!